Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Car Wheels Seeming To Turn Anti Clockwise

[Japan] Day 3 and 4

Now that I'm probably officially become a victim of air conditioning (once caught, it seems everyone) and I to go now instead of the Tokyo Tower and the night life in my hostel sit, I thought I'll get the day yesterday here and to write briefly about Akihabara, where I was this morning (and where I thank headache, sore throat etc would not come off nearly everything).

Anyways ... yesterday I was in Asakusa. Strictly speaking, in the center of Asakusa, because my hostel is in the north part of that city. Asakusa is a temple of the areas here in Tokyo, if not THE temple area because there are countless shrines and similar things. First I was only yesterday at the largest temple in Vietnam, which was in itself quite impressive. It's so unbelievable what one knows to have been standing before him only from TV or pictures ....

(A picture from inside)

I got there, my luck held. Simple procedure: You throw 100 yen in a slot, then you take such a big metal box in the very many sticks are shaken and them. Then you shake a stick from a small opening, remembers the number, then pulls out the drawer with the number one has a piece of paper. When I stood on it somehow, that I will make a trip and that's what I will succeed in tackling

etc. After visiting the temple I was eating with [info] aicchi still tasty . So the food here is just too good and the portions are really neat: D

Oh, and because you are a tourist, a good stalker, I shot this photo from the Metro station where I always get in the train ( on the way to Asakusa) xD:



Today was then announced Akihabara. This district is well known simply for technology and otakus. And yes ... I get there at the station and knows exactly why this is so. There is a high-tech shop after another, the latest bells and whistles galore, across any game store, and maid cafes, etc. You know ... an Otaku Mecca xDDort I just re-animate a distended, but this time only a key chain for Sanada [info] demonsanada there acquired and a Rikkai trailer for me. And then I was brave and I once went to a Japanese electronics store ... Pardon ... Electronics temple. Unfortunately, we must make in the shops in there no pictures (and as a decent tourist, keep to well on it). But these stores are pretty wicked. And I find it very confusing because any banners hanging everywhere and stuff and you do not know where to look first @ @ Here are some impressions:




And something is also typical Akihabara:



The
have here then I discovered by chance ( [info] aicchi on Monday but I had already told them) when I've searched the entrance to the Akihabara Station, but not to the JR Tokyo Metro is one. I did not have found me and we went the already bad, so I'm quite driven JR, at any rate, et voila:




On the way home I've got me eating too quickly or something: Two delicious onigiri from the Combine. Oh, I'll definitely miss these shops, that's for sure! And put I am again to sleep for an hour on the ear and trying - without air conditioning. Is warm, but probably healthier (and I've always wanted to put as little as possible so that one can not sirbt, but freezing to death without directly). Incidentally, I had to remove a station from my schedule and that Hiroshima, which are even with the Shinkansen still over 5 hours and this is a day too stressful. But for that, we go next week as planned for Osaka, Kyoto and Yokohama. Kamakura done on the weekend. D Yay, look at more temples

Oh yes ... and the thing with the postcards .. I already have some sent, a few new bought today. This is not so easy because postcards are not really common in Japan and you have to look on, until you find some. But in Akihabara, I found a Duty Free shop of souvenirs and so down and so I again had bought a few.

0 comments:

Post a Comment